The objectives of the Master in Transportation Systems (MST) are to offer advanced education matching the needs of the administrative and economic agents of the transport sector. MST will graduate experts able to offer a significative contribution to the efficient performance of transport systems, technological and organizational innovation, the improvement of industrial competitiveness and leadership in Transport, where IST has collaboration with industry at the national and international level, as well as with main European schools offering courses of 2nd and 3rd cycle in this domain.
IST has always been distinguished by a highly demanding culture and quality of outcomes, what has enabled the accomplishment of one of its mission, educate professionals highly qualified to serve the country. The MST is totally aligned with this strategy, with a historical background educating highly qualified professionals and return them to society and in international networks. This offer consolidates the leadership position of IST.
ILO is the ability to;
• identify short/medium-term future consequences of plans and decisions from an integrated scientific, ethical and intergenerational perspective and to merge this into a solution-focused approach, moving towards a sustainable
• to translate innovations into feasible business solutions;
• to think beyond boundaries and systematically explore and generate new ideas;
• to use knowledge, ideas and technology to create new or significantly improved products, services, processes,
policies, new business models or jobs;
• to use cutting-edge research methods, processes and techniques towards new venture creation and growth and to apply these also in cross-disciplinary teams and contexts;
• to transform practical experiences into research problems and challenges.
• take decisions and lead, based on a holistic understanding of the contributions of higher education, research and
business to value creation, in limited sized teams and contexts.